S600-26 Black Tip Not Working

A landlord from Champaign says:
Hello,

I recently bought a set of 2600-26 spiral window balances for a large set of windows (older double hung) and unfortunately the Black Tip models do not have enough "pressure" to hold the window up. I was informed that these are the highest grade tip and that I may need to purchase another model/series. Any information is greatly appreciated.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The black tip option is indeed the strongest we carry. What is the weight of your sash? Please be as precise as possible, down to the ounce. Can you also confirm that the S600-26 is what you need? It's important to make sure that the diameter of the tube is 5/8" or 9/16". Finally, how many times did you wind the spiral before you installed it?

A landlord from Champaign says:
I do not believe our technician wound the spiral before installing. I purchased a winding tool and will check back when confirmed.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.