SEMCO double window balance

A home owner from Indiana says:

Our windows are from 1996. We have several that have broken balances. Do you still make this part?

Thank you. Alan 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F1098F4E-0EF4-4A93-B8DD-F093AD2C3808.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F5DA1F4B-FA12-4D9F-98F2-B0060D104459.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Alan. 

We don't make the parts we sell, we're just a third party distributor but we can still help. Your balance looks like it could be a match for our S751-25 with the 24TG stamp option. This comes with the 15-014 by default but I suspect you may have the 15-233 instead. If that's the case, this will have to be a custom order. To confirm, I'd like to see your knife lock shoe removed from the window. I just want to make sure we get you the right hardware for the job.

It is in pieces but it is blue
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Is there an undamaged version you can show us? I ask because we've seen the 15-014 shoe before in a blue color, too, but I really would like to confirm since custom orders are non-refundable. 

Here is a better picture.

Alan

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B48134F8-D383-4071-A58B-9FD78B044393.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Alan. Emily isn't here today but I'll do my best to assist you.

At this point I'm still not sure whether you have the 15-014 or the 15-233 shoes. The major difference between them is that the 15-014 has an L shape while the 15-233 has a U shape; that may not seem like a big deal but it has a pretty huge impact on how these fit in the track and operate.

It's also not possible to figure out which type you have while it's still in the track. Your latest photo doesn't really tell us anything your first photo already didn't. At this stage you will either have to remove the shoe from the track to show it to us without obstruction, or use your best judgement and tell me which one you want to go with. Note that they are not interchangeable. 

If you have the 15-014 shoe, then you can use our stock S751-25 channel balance. If you have the 15-233 then it will have to be a custom order. Right now we need you to either tell us which way to go, or show us the shoe out of the track so we can make that decision for you.

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.