SLIDING GLASS DOOR NO. 919213 LOCK

A handy person from Madill, OK says:
SLIDING GLASS DOOR 6/0-6/8. NEED LOCK. ALL THAT I HAVE IS THE CANADIAN PATENT NO. 919213 PATENTED IN 1973

William
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, William. This patent number has been associated with our 82-225 in the past, as this other discussion here indicates. That said, I can't be certain without seeing pictures of the original hardware to compare with. If you're uncertain, please send us pictures of the existing mortise lock out of the door, along with dimensions. Many thanks.

A landlord from San Diego says:
I need the same part. Any luck in finding it?
A quick learner from Scottsdale, az says:
I am looking for the exact sliding door lock that is patent no 919213 patented in 1973
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us! After further research, we believe our 82-225 is a possible match for this patent number. Check it out and see if you agree.
A quick learner from ontario canada says:
I needed the same patent no lock for my door saw your post clicked on the 82-225 part it looked like it would for so for the 8 dollars I bought 4 of them lets call it a life time supply considering the first one last 30 years. When I got the shipment I looked at it and saw the lever and thought they shipped me the wrong part. Went back on the website clicked on the part and sure enough it had a lever with a black plastic knob I thought how did I not see that the first time. Oh well I pulled of the plastic cap and cut of the lever with a hack saw then ground it on the bench grinder you may find you want to shim it on the two ends as it is not as thick as the original piece I glued two small shim washers on each end to take up the play it works fine I think the hook that comes up and hooks on the jamb plate may be slightly longer as there is a little more free play when the door is locked. I also use a security bar so it doesnt bother me that much
A home owner from Miami, Florida says:
I researched on line Patent 919213 for my sliding door locks. Old patent. I found your website and P/N 82-225 fit just perfectly. Thank you so much. Saved me a bundle in having to try and buy a full set which would have cost so much more.
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.