SPIRAL BALANCE

A quick learner from Dallas, TX says:
I need a 35" 400 series 3/8" to lift a 50 lb window.
Thank you and have a nice day.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
That is an incredibly heavy sash for a Series 400 spiral balance. I'm afraid we're not able to offer anything that strong. Are you sure you have this balance? When you measure the diameter, make sure you measure the outer tube, not the spring itself.
A quick learner from Dallas says:
Hello Tom,
It dose not have to be a 400 series. I need a balance 35" long able to lift a 50 lb window.

Thanks
Louis
Profile picture of Tom
Well, if it's not the Series 400 then we'll have to figure out what it is. Not just any balance will work in your window. If only it were so easy! At this point I think it would be best if you show us a picture of what you have installed now. Please also triple check your dimensions for us.
A quick learner from Dallas says:
There is no picture, I'am building a new window.
Profile picture of Tom
Ah, I see. I'm not sure if we can help then. Even the stronger S500-35 can only carry a sash that weighs, at most, 40 pounds. A 50 pound sash is exceptionally heavy. All of our spiral balances are meant to replace very specific previously existing systems.
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.