SWC Coil Balance Replacement?

A quick learner from los angeles says:
replacement ?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200727_131414.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

This looks like an older version of the S140-10 Coil Balance System to me. Take a look and see if it matches up.

A quick learner from los angeles says:
thanks for the respond, made the decision it is s140 after reading all the posts on site. ordered the S140-10 with single coil instead of existing with double coils. you have confirmed my guess.
thank you
Profile picture of Bob

Sounds good! And yes, the S140-10 just has one coil; but so long as its meant to support the same amount of weight, the number of coils doesn't matter. Let me know if you have any other questions, and thanks a lot for your business.

A handy person from Texas says:
Why would anyone design a window where you have to cut out the frame to replace the balance? It looks terrible with the cut, after reassembly. The frame could be designed with a removable section?

I have the same problem and will be removing the frames, replacing the balances, then re-installing the frames.
Profile picture of Bob

Some manufacturers do use a window jamb with a removable cutout, but unfortunately many don't, which means cutting one yourself is the only way to replace the coil balances. Keep in mind that many window companies aren't particularly interested in making it easy to replace individual components; why allow that, when they know some people will just resign themselves to buying whole new windows? Fortunately in this case, the cutout method does let you replace the coil balances themselves. I agree it's not ideal but so long as it's made to one side it shouldn't affect window function.

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.