SWISCO Part

A home owner from Pittsboro says:
Need your help replacing about 50 clips for Milgard windows, I have a photo I can send, the clip goes at the top of the line attached to a spring, they're tilt out windows, probably about 20 yrs old part is attached by a cord to a spring fitting on either sidenof the window. I'm sorry I'm not well.versed in the correct vocabulary for names of the parts, but your help would be greatly appreciated, I'd much rather spend a few dollars in parts than thousands replacing all the windows in the house. Thank you, Susan
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210124_153843.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. This looks like part of an old rod balance that isn't made anymore. However, I'm confident it can be replaced with one of our tilt-window channel balances here. To know which, please remove the entire rod and show me whatever foot, hook or attachment is at the bottom. That will determine which replacement you can use. 

Hi Bob, I'm going to need help getting the window apart, I'll be back in touch as soon as possible, Thanks,Susan
Ok, Bob, I just confirmed with my handyman that the piece need doe not attach to the rod,cord runs through it and then the fitting is slotted into an opening at the top of the window frame. I've taken a photo of each end of the piece to illustrate.
Thanks Susan
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210215_191615.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210215_191650.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Hey Susan. Sorry, I should have been clearer. All the parts associated with these rod balances are no longer made. So your only option is to replace the entire balance. We can certainly help you with this, and it shouldn't be too much of a task, but I will need to see that shoe or attachment at the bottom of the balance to proceed. Apologies for the confusion. Once I see that shoe or attachment, I should be able to identify what you need. Thanks. 

Bob, see below, if you have a replacement please send a schematic so we know how the parts go together.
I already suggested your company to a neighbor who needs Pella window parts!
Thanks,Susan
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210216_171256.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210216_171250.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210216_171324.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Hi Susan. Perfect, that's exactly what I wanted to see. This is an old type of balance called a crossbow balance. As we surmised, it's no longer made--but the good news it can be replaced by our Series 795 Channel Balance. The video below explains this process. Let me know if you have any further questions. 

How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.