Sash Top Guide broken

A quick learner from Campbell, CA says:
one of sash top guide is broken (pictures show good on the left and bad on the right with front view and side view)
Also show how top guide fitting into the window.

The sizes are:
Width = 5/8", Length = 1.5" (more in the picture)

This is for Milgard window (single hung, non tilt), W ~3.5", total Height ~70.5" weight ~22 ibs.

I ordered channel balance before for this window (S385-33 option 3240).

1. Need guidance on sash top guide.
2. Need guidance on window clip.
3. I think the channel balance I ordered with option 3240 is for weight > 23ibs. But my window is ~22 lbs. Can it still be used or I need to order different option?

Thank You.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named TopSashGuide4.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named TopSashGuide5.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named TopSashGuide3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named TopSashGuide6.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window_clip.jpg
correction on Milgard window width (single hung, non tilt), W ~34.5", not 3.5"
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I recognize this old Milgard top sash guide. They don't make this anymore to my knowledge, but we do have one tentative solution.

See our 18-009 to start out. I feel very confident that this will match your old top sash guide in all respects except for the fact that the top of our product has an overlap. You would have to trim that overlap down so that it will fit in your sash, but otherwise should be a good size. Look over our dimensions and let me know what you think, or if you had any doubts.

Detail of 18-009
Detail of 18-009

Side view of 18-009
Side view of 18-009

As for the take out clip, see our 16-002.

Lastly, concerning the balance stamp, 3240 is probably going to be a little too strong. You can still use it but you'll note that your window will be more difficult to close. In time this will cause excess strain on the springs and it will probably shorten their overall lifespan, not to mention that it will just be annoying for day to day use.

Thank you for your reply. I will order the ones you have recommended.

Questions:
1. What can I use to trim the overlap down? Will box cutter work?
2. For top sash guide, why don't you recommend the 18-188?

Thanks again.
Regards,
Wipawan
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Yes, I like to use a utility knife but whatever you're comfortable with. As always, make sure to wear safety gloves when trying to cut anything in this way. 

The 18-188 does look similar at first glance, but in my experience doesn't really work well for Milgard windows. If you think it would be better, though, then you are free to pick that instead. It's ultimately up to you.

Thank You.
I will go with your suggestion since you have more experience.
Checking in details, the 18-009 is much closer in size, after the trimming.

Will let you know how it works out.
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.