Screen fasteners

A home owner from Minnesota says:

Hello. I'm hoping you can help me find/replace some screen fasteners. I have not been able to locate these types of fasteners, and I have four screens that I have to tape to the windows because some of the plastic fasteners have broken. I've sent a few photos to illustrate. I like the design of the screens in that they fit flush into the window casings (Kirby Windows from 2008 - the company appears to have gone out of business), but when the plastic pieces break, there is no part I have found that can replace it - see photos - one of the photos shows the plastic fastener in tact, the other shows one broken - the third photo is what they look like on the window casing (complete with tape!) The plastic pieces are riveted onto the screen frame, and they snap into place on the window casing. Any suggestions would be really appreciated - hoping I don't need to replace the screens...

Thanks.

Rich

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1CE4788F-C320-45A5-8D73-DD7B3C8D3CA6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A5EFC0BF-83CC-4836-B6A8-2A8160B03CD3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 262ED216-70D5-4760-9273-247C04DCEA2A.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Rich. Start by looking at our 70-148. Look over the dimensions and see if you think this could work for you. You can see the rest of our clips here.

Thanks for your note. Is there somewhere where I could see the dimensions of the width and length of the clip? The 16" offset would likely work if the width/length matches. Mine are 3/8" wide x 5/8" long. I'm thinking I would need to drill out the rivets and replace with small set screws....
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Sure thing. The 70-148 is 7/8" in length and 5/16" in width. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

I think the 7/8" will be too long, but I'll go ahead and order a few to see if they work...depends on where the hole is placed for the rivet/screw relative to the edge of my screen. I have about 1/2" to work with before I hit the outer edge of the screen....
Thanks.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.