Searching for 22402

A quick learner says:

I am looking for two different parts (window balances):

However

I do not know what Brand Window these came from.

1. Part 1 - see attached pictures

2. Part 2 - see attached pictures

Please call or email with questions

Best Regards,

Steve

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Part 1 side 1.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Part 1 side 2.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Part 2 side 1.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Part 2 side 2.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your tilt ribbed balance looks like our S751 with 15-014 knife shoe. We would need the length of the channel and the spring strength stamped on it. 

Your side loaded balance looks like a custom channel balance with 19-002 top and 15-004 bottom balance fittings attached. Please compare the dimensions of your nylon attachments to ours. We would also need the metal channel length and spring strength stamped on the metal channel.

A quick learner from Minneapolis, MN says:

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. You obviously know more about this than I so I appologize for not understanding all the different terminology.

1. The first image (IMG 8397) has a steel shaft (channel). The channel alone is 23" long. When you add the plastic clips on the ends it adds and inch to make the "total length" 24"

The Stamp on the channel is: 2240

2. The second image (IMG 8394) has an aluminum shaft (Channel). This channel is 33" long

The stamp on this channel is: 32HD

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Regards,

Steve

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8394[1].JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8397[1].JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us! No need to apologize, I know these can get confusing. To put it in more concise terms, the balance in IMG 8397 is known as a Non-Tilt Window Channel balance, while the balance in IMG 8394 is known as a Tilt Window Channel Balance. One goes on a non-tilt window, the other goes on a tilt window. Hopefully that keeps things clear.

So concerning the non-tilt window balance, we will install a 19-002 top attachment and 15-004 bottom attachment on a 23" long metal channel. Does that look good to you? I'll email you a special order link and price quote for two of these right now, which is our minimum. If you'd like more, tell me here and I'd be happy to change it.

For the tilt window channel balance, it's just our S751-33. You can add this to your cart, as well as the special non-tilt window channel balance, and then checkout whenever you wish with both parts at the same time.

If you have any questions, I'm always here to help.

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.