Home depot model 8501E

The coil to my window snapped off

I have sent photos

Show me how to replace after I order part

Cindy 

Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hi Cindy, thank you for posting,

Your balance assembly resembles the 15-087 pivot housing that is compatible with the Series 180 coil spring. The coil spring attaches at the top of the window track to 16-024 bracket. You will need to check the original metal coil to see if there is a number stamped into it to determine the weighted coil option needed.

Detail of 15-087
Detail of 15-087

If there is no number present, we will need to know the weight of the window sash to move forward. The sash will need to be removed and placed on a bathroom scale. 

Please also see the diagram below for installation. You can disregard the 15-086 housing image and yours is only a single coil setup instead of the double shown. 

Series 180 coil balance diagram
Series 180 coil balance diagram

Please review and let us know if you have any additional questions. 

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.