Searching for closet door hardware that allows you to lower the door

A quick learner says:

I had carpet and now have refinished the hardwood floors that was underneath. It looks great. The closet door hardware is probably 70 years old and the 2 separate old floor guides already sat on an ugly extra little piece of wood about 5.8' thick which they had carpeted over.

Now there is going to be a gap at the bottom under the doors, and I will still have to use a piece of wood under a new floor guide. 

Do I need to install some wood under the tracks at the top? Or is there a new hardware set that has top runners that allows the doors to be lowered about 5/8"? I learn how to do stuff with online videos. Not finding one to help with this. Thanks. Jean.

Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us! I just recently installed new closet doors at my son's house. He also removed the carpet to expose the hardwood flooring. I actually took a piece of wood and stained it to match the existing flooring. However, with that being said, lowering the top track with a piece of wood the size you need is an idea I didn't think of but it could be a major job. I recommend you take a look at the different types of floor guides we've related on this page along with the 23-221 riser. Look over the specifications and see if one of these could work for your closet door.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.