Certainteed Brand Security tabs

A home owner from Kettering Ohio says:
These Certainteed windows were installed new just prior to me buying the house in 1994. Several tabs are broken. If you need a pic of one of them removed let me know. They are difficult to take out and I'm afraid it will break.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200326_215113.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200326_214743.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! The part you're looking for is called a vent latch, or sometimes vent lock, or night latch, or anything in between. Every manufacturer has their own name for these parts. Either way, yours in particular looks like our 26-148. I recommend going over our photos and dimensions to see how well it compares.

You will eventually have to remove it, though I don't think that can be done without breaking it. I know that seems weird, I think the manufacture figured you'd never have to replace it. Or, more likely, that you'd be forced to buy an all new window from them instead of just this tiny little part. Since you have to force it out, just be careful not to damage your frame as well. The video below should help.

A home owner from Kettering Ohio says:
From the pic you sent I believe it will work. I took one out to be sure of the measurements and added the pics to this message. The only difference I see is yours has a metal retaining clip at the bottom. Mine is plastic. If you will take a look to see if you think it will work and then I will place an order. Thanks very much for the help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200327_161526.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200327_163535.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back at me. Yes, this shouldn't matter. I'm confident the 26-148 will work for you. Let me know if you have any other questions.

How to Replace a Window Vent Latch
How to Replace a Window Vent Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.