Questions about Series 795 Channel Balance

A home owner from Jackson, NJ says:
I have a Patriot window that your Series 795 channel balance looks like a direct replacement for. The balance is 35" in length 9/16" wide and ~1/2 " deep and from the picture it looks like the same type of balance bottom. There is no stamp option.

The window is a single hung vinyl unit 23 1/2" X 71 5/8". The problem is the cored is just lays over on the one side and the other side works fine. I am not sure how to physically change this as this style is different from others I have fixed.

I am not sure as how the support string is attached and where. The Patriot window Co. told me that they no longer support this unit but gave me your web site data as you have the replacement channel balances.

Had trouble getting pictures they may not open

Ted
A customer submitted image of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Ted. I am not sure if you have our Series 795 or not. However, I recommend that you check the width of your shoe, as some people have a smaller shoe than the one that comes with the Series 795 balance. Compare it to our 15-195 and 15-194 and see which one is closer.

These balances are fairly easy to remove. You simply need to unscrew them from the jamb, lean out, twist so that the T shoe can fit through the gap, and pull out.

Finally, let's discuss the stamp. Are you sure there aren't any numbers printed on the channel anywhere? If not, could you give me the weight of the window sash? We would be able to determine the best option for you to select with that in mind.
A handy person from Jackson, NJ says:
In answer to your questions. The exisitng window weighs 16 pounds. The width of the shoe on my window is 1-1/4". The string is held on at the top by a screw. I pulled the existing balance out and there is no marking on it any where. I hope this is enough info so we can size a new balance. Also the existing balance has two foam pads attached to it near the top to fill out the void and keep it from moving side to side.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. With a shoe width of 1-1/4", it seems that you have the standard Series 795 shoe.

I recommend that you look at our S795-35 channel balance and see if that matches up. Make sure to double check the length--remember to only measure the metal channel. Do not include the shoe in your length measurement.

I would also recommend our 35B stamp option. This can support a window sash weight range of 16 through 22 pounds.

Please keep in mind that the weight range information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.