Series 795 Channel Balances

A quick learner from Kernersville NC says:
Does the top of this balance have a clip that hooks into hole on top of window? Or does it take a screw on top to hold balance in place? I am looking for one with a clip. Please let me know. Balance is marked 32B and then "BSIN" underneath that. I really only need the T-Locks but from what I understand you guys don't make these any longer, correct?

Thanks,
Peter
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The Series 795 balance uses a screw tab, not a hook. We can make this balance with a hook, if necessary, but it would have to be a special order. If that's what you need, tell me how many balances you were looking for and I can shoot over a special order link and price quote. We do these all the time so it's no problem at all!

We do sell the T-locks for this balance. I made a list on this page for you to look over. Now, these T-lock shoes work for our balance, but I can't say if they will work for yours. There was a certain type of T-lock shoe manufactured for a while that had a deep groove in the stem. None of our shoes can replace this old version because of that groove. Keep that in mind while you look over our hardware.

Thanks for your response Tom. One more question, I would like to try part number 15-195, however, how do I know if I need 15-195 or 15-195B?
Profile picture of Tom

The 15-195 uses a closed cam while the 15-195B uses an open cam. What this means is basically the small metal center cam in the 15-195B is open in such a way that you can look straight through it. The 15-195 is closed off on the back, so it's only open on one side. If you look at the additional photos we have on the 15-195B store page you should see what I'm talking about. 

Hi Tom. Hey, item #15-195 T-Lock balance shoes I had ordered did not work. They do not fit my existing balance. Any suggestions? Can I send you back these T-locks together with my balance to see if you have a T-Lock that would work?
Profile picture of Tom

I'm not sure why they didn't work. Can you go into more detail on what the issue was? Would it be possible to see a picture of your new and old shoe side by side?

Tom, the hook does not fit around bar of balance. I need to return these and I like I said above will include my balance in order to find a T-Lock that can work for this balance. Let me know how to set up return, thanks!!
Profile picture of Tom

You can return these shoes at any point for a refund. See our return policy here. If you were to show me a photo of your old shoe next to ours, though, I can tell you right now what you need. I don't think it's necessary to spend the shipping on your whole balance when a photo will tell us everything we need.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.