Shoe assembly need 113-712642

A home owner from Clarksville Tenn says:
I need the the shoe assembly for my vinyl tilt in window. The no. at the top of the window is:
113-712642

The window will not stay up because a piece of the "shoe" came off and the pin on the window will not stay in the shoe to move up and down.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It sounds like you need a pivot shoe. We carry a ton, so I'm sure we have one that can work for you, but I wasn't able to cross-reference that number to anything.

I think it would be best if we just see a photo of the shoe itself. If you can remove an undamaged version from the window and show us a photo of it by itself then I should be able to match it up. Please make sure to show us an undamaged shoe. The more broken it is, the harder it will be for us to identify.

Please also tell me the width and thickness of the shoe.

I don't know if you can read the label that came from the window,but it says AAMA certified Code: UL-2 Series 0501
double hung The serial no. is 113-712642. The window size is 35 3/4 x 61 1/2. I cannot get the shoe out to tell the width and thickness.aaone picture is the good shoe the shows how the metal is broke off the bad one so bad the pin will not stay in there.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named HPIM0561.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named HPIM0560.JPG
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! That sticker doesn't really tell you what the shoe is, so you don't have to worry about that. Based on what I see of the shoe in your frame, it closely resembles our 15-177. You will need to remove it from the window in order to confirm, though. Those dimensions are important. Refer to the videos I've associated on this page for helpful guides on how this may be done.

Hello, I ordered and received the part 15-177. This is the part for my window. I was hoping you might have a tutorial to show how to install it.

I appreciate your help with my inquiries!

Thank You,

Claudia 

Profile picture of Tom

Hey, Claudia. I'm glad to hear that the 15-177 is a match. We don't have a tutorial on this part, specifically, but we have a couple videos you may find helpful. You can watch them here:

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.