Silver Line Balance

A contractor from Indian Trail, NC says:

I am replacing a few old Silver Line window balances and thanks to your fantastic website and technician information, see that your 795 series would be the new replacement units. I have 2 questions before I order: 

1) The markings on the old unit are 26-6. I'm assuming that's 26". I'm not sure on the weight of the window. Which would you recommend I order? 

2) I have to order the additional 1 1/4" shoe (that's the size of the original), does it matter if they are "open" or "closed" cam? 

Thanks again for the great site and help! I'll be coming back for more! 

Dan 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FullSizeRender 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2539.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2541.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I agree, our Series 795 looks like a great match. Your stamp is a little peculiar. Your best bet is to measure the length of the metal channel and weigh your sash on a scale. That's the only way to be 100% sure.

It does matter if the cam is open or closed, yes. The Series 795 comes with a closed cam, but we sell the open 15-195B separately. We also have a video that shows you how you can swap them out.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.