Silverline 8002344228 Handle Replacement

Home Owner from NC
Mar 29, 2020 1:12 pm
Need a locking patio door handle replacement. External and internal handles. Silver Line numbers are 8002344228 also 13165930-2 and CCL#440-H-049-12. Mounting holes (screws) are 4" apart. Can you identify with this information and offer a replacement? Greatly appreciate you assistance. Many thanks.

Roger
9 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Mar 31, 2020 1:02 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hey, Roger. I'm afraid that I couldn't match those numbers up to anything in particular. Would it be possible to see a photo of the handle set in question? I'd also like to see the mortise to ensure that whatever we recommend is compatible.

You also mention that your hole spacing is 4". I would double check that just in case. 3-15/16" is a very common screw spacing for patio glass door handles. That may be what you have; make sure to measure from the center of each hole, not the edges. 

If you do have a 3-15/16" spacing then that opens up a lot of options. You could use something like our 82-035, 82-069, 82-079, and others. These are all compatible with mortise locks like the 82-218.

If none of these sets match, we will need photos.

Home Owner from NC
Mar 31, 2020 4:50 pm

Tom:

Hope these help! You might have noticed that the inside spacers are broken off, thus the replacement requirement.

Roger

patiodoorhandleinside doorhandlelock insidehandle patiodoorlockside001
4 user uploaded images
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Apr 1, 2020 8:35 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

These photos are in fact a huge help! Thanks, Roger. I am very confident that you can use our 82-086 handle set to replace your original. This has a 3-15/16" hole center spacing, it comes with a key lock, and it should be fully compatible with your original mortise.

Home Owner from NC
Apr 1, 2020 11:52 am
Tom:

Thanks for the great assist. I've ordered per your information so I will let you how things turned out. Have a great day.

Roger
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Apr 1, 2020 1:16 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Thank you so much, Roger! We appreciate it. Please let us know how it works out or if you needed anything else.

Home Owner from NC
Apr 7, 2020 8:45 am
Tom:
Received yesterday and installed. All is well again. Many thanks for the great assist. Have a great day.

Roger
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Apr 7, 2020 9:31 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

That's fantastic news. I'm certain this information will help other customers in the future.

Thanks again for your business, Roger. If you ever need anything else, you know where to find us.

Home Owner from Jeffersonville, IN
Aug 15, 2023 8:17 am
Could you help me get the replacement locking mechanism and handle for this door?
IMG_1016 IMG_1014 IMG_1015
3 user uploaded images
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
Aug 16, 2023 8:07 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Sure! That handle set appears to match the same 82-086 that we mentioned on this same page. If you haven't already, your next step should be to review the specs we show on that product's store page to verify.

As for the mortise, it's tough to make out in your photos but that very well may be our 82-265. As before, you should review our specs to verify.

Please feel free to reach out if you had any questions.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts