Silverline sash balance

A home owner from Commerce MI says:

We own a 2 1/2 year old home with Silverline windows. They are all single hung. One of the sash balances in the pair in our bedroom refuses to work, being almost impossible to move up and down. I finally removed it and am looking for a replacement part for that one and having a second one on hand as I anticipate having the same issue in the future. I've included photos of the window, the balance (in place and removed), and the label that appears on the side of one of the windows. That label includes the following info: PRODUCT ID 2901, S.O. 25294741.2, PO 101215AKAN, ACTUAL SIZE 71 1/2 x 73, CCL#440-H027, NFRC SIL-N-16-01139-0, SILVER LINE 8002344228, MWHS 15, NAMI-102548. I've tried to find the part information from SilverLine/PlyGem, but have only been able to contact them through a warranty claim email. I don't really want to file a claim, but they have not replied in any case. I just want to buy the correct parts. Thanks for any help you might be able to give.

Mark 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9191.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9189.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9161.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9182.JPG
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Mark.

Your balance appears to match our Series 795 channel balance. This comes with the 15-195 closed cam t-lock shoe by default but you will need to purchase the 15-195B open cam shoe separately and swap them once you receive your order. These shoes just pop off and on, it's very simple. See the video below for more information. There should be a stamp on the metal channel that will indicate what spring strength option you'd need. We also always recommend replacing your balances in pairs. If you were to pair a new balance with an old one, the new balance would wear out much more quickly as it has to pick up the slack for the old one. Just something to keep in mind. 

Please note, our Series 795 installs with a screw tab. If your balance uses a hook to install, please let us know! We can still help but it would just need to be a custom order.

A home owner from Commerce MI says:
Hi Emily. Thanks for the quick response and info. I think I understand everything and know what I need to order with the exception of the spring strength. I've added a photo that shows what's stamped on my old balance. The number is 323. I'm not sure what I should conclude from that. Is it a 32 lb strength?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_9195.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Mark! Emily isn't here today but I will do my best to advise you.

Older Series 795 balances used the kind of stamp rating system you show here. Your 32-3 should correspond to our 33C, which carries 20 through 25 pounds. You can always weigh your sash on a scale to confirm that this is accurate.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.