Simonton Double Hung Window 3936455/07

Home Owner from East Stroudsburg PA
May 4, 2024 3:07 pm
Hello,
I am kindly asking for your help and guidance. Needing a replacement window tilt sash latch (left hand side) and a pair of coil balances with the pivot lock shoes. Could you please review the pics and advise? Thanks!
Simonton Window Broken Coil Simonton Window Tilt Latch 2 Simonton Window Coil Balance Cover Simonton Window Pivot Shoe Simonton Window Mfg Label
5 user uploaded images
5 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 7, 2024 9:35 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

We should be able to help with this hardware. I'll make a recommendation for each part in the order of your request:

Make sure to review the dimensions we show for each product before you buy anything. If they differ in any way, let me know how and we can work from there!

May 8, 2024 10:27 pm
Hi - thanks a lot. For the series 160 coil spring, do you happen to know which balance weight I would need?
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 9, 2024 9:39 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

It's tough to tell from your photo. You can usually go by the stamp, but yours is a little too faded to be sure. It would be whatever number comes before the "35" stamp.

If you aren't able to read that code, I would suggest weighing your sash on a scale, then dividing that by how many springs support the sash in total. 

For example, if your sash was 22 pounds, you could use four 5.5 pound spring (two on each side).

May 12, 2024 6:24 pm
Hi, I was able to remove the triple coil balance and found it was 3/8" wide and a #4 - which was your 4lb 165series coil balance. All the other pieces did match up as you recommended. Will be ordering to fix - thanks!
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
May 13, 2024 9:20 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Awesome! I'm glad to hear that you got the parts you needed.

Please feel free to reach out if we can be of any further assistance. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts