Simonton Double Hung Window Balance Assembles (and sash vent stops)

A contractor from Wilmington, DE says:
Dear Sir or Madam,

A customer has asked me to repair 2 identical Simonton double hung windows; all 8 of the pivot shoes appear to be broken. I've attached photos of a balance assembly I removed from one sash. Two coil springs are attached to each pivot shoe with a screw. (I tore the coil support removing it from the jamb.) Each coil spring is lightly stamped 406 J, with the J under the 0. The metal pivot shoe body is embossed 09 53 and marked CHINA. The coil support has a small 1 and a 2 embossed and what appears to be a date stamp 1/09. It seems the windows were made/installed in 2010

I suppose I'd need 8 new pivot shoes at least, probably 8 coil supports and perhaps 16 springs? Or 8 complete assemblies? Can you identify the parts? How much are they per item? Do you sell a generic balance assembly that could be used? Also, would need 3 sash vent stops (photo included) Lastly, do you sell Simonton jamb spreading wedges? Thanks in advance for any information you can offer! Sincerely, Tim Sharpe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Sharpe Sash Vent Stop.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Sharpe Balance Assembly 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Sharpe Balance Assembly 1.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I am afraid this exact Simonton coil balance assembly is no longer made. However, we have found you can replace it with the Series 159 Coil Springs and 15-259 Shoe. The video below shows how to do this. 

We do sell jamb spreaders, but you also can make a cutout in the jamb track to remove and replace the balance systems. The second video below shows how to do this for a similar balance system. 

For the sash stop, see if the 26-354 matches up. 

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Vent Latch
How to Replace a Window Vent Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.