Simonton Window Balance

A handy person from Pennsylvania says:
I need a replacement balance set for a Simonton window marked 9802051110
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Simonton uses a few different balances, and I am afraid I can't cross-reference that code to a particular part. Can you remove the balances from the window and show us pictures? From there, we'll do our best to narrow down what you need. 

attached.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Simonton (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Simonton (2).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Simonton (3).jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

This looks like either our Series 160 1/2" Coil Balances or Series 165 3/8" Coil Balances. Measure the thickness of your old coil springs to see which matches best. Look for a stamp code on the spring that indicates the spring weight you need. If there is none, or you are uncertain, give us the exact weight of your window sash, then we will work out what you need. 

If you need to replace the pivot shoe, see if the 15-111, 15-191 or 15-199 match what you need.

the window sash weighs 19 pounds
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for confirming the sash weight. Can you also confirm which Series you have, based on the thickness of the coil? Did you also find any numbers printed on the old ones?

I did not find any numbers but the coil is 1/2" wide
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks. So if this is a 1/2" spring that would make it our Series 160. If your sash weight is 19 pounds, and if you have two springs on each side, that would divide up to 4.75 pounds of necessary support per spring.

With that in mind I recommend our S160-4. This carries 4.5 pounds of support per spring; a little short, but I don't think you'll notice the difference. As long as your sash is 19 pounds and as long as you use two per side then these should work well.

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.