Simonton Window Balancer

A home owner from Wilmington, NC says:
I need three Simonton window balancers. I have two windows that have broken balancers (one has one broken and the other has both broken). Thank you for your help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Simonton window balancer.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Simonton window label.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to help but we would need to see the coils and pivot shoe removed from the window to compare to our selection. Thank you!

Hi Casey,
I can send a picture of the spring (attached), but I don't know what a pivot shoe is and don't know how to remove the broken part.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1390835A-F61D-4125-85CD-D4487516B5CA.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

We've related videos to show you how to remove the pivot shoe and the coil assembly. The pivot shoe is the part that the coils attach to and that the bottom two corners of the window sash engage with when tilting the sash out. 

Hi Casey,
Sorry for such a long time to respond to you. When I took the window out it already had cutouts to take out the pivot shoe and coils. I am sending you photos that I hope will let you see what parts I need. It looks like the coils are good, but the plastic parts (the covers for the coils) that holds them have broken. These three are from two windows. One window has both sides broken and one window has one side broken.
Mike
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DF0E7295-8C4E-4BD1-A8BF-52E50FFD6476.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C8203A66-3CE0-4E92-9B6E-94E33553B457.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 23D2E9E5-50D8-4037-A138-23B4993BF41B.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

Hello,

Tale a look and compare the dimensions of our 15-199 pivot shoe that are used with the Series 160 and Series 165 coil springs to your hardware. Once you've chosen the correct coil spring for your window, the covers and other compatible hardware will be listed under the related items section of the product page. Thank you!

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.