Simonton Windows - Coil Covers

A home owner from Toledo, OH says:
I recently ordered part 15-150D to replace the pictured coil cover and it is the wrong part. There are two coils that need to be covered and it has two screws. The part I ordered is too short and only has one screw. Do you have anything to replace the pictured part?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC_0220.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC_0221.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We should be able to help, but before I recommend anything I'd like to know how thick your springs are. I'd also like to know how many coils are contained in the cover.

A home owner from Toledo says:
The coils are 1/2 inch thick and the cover is 4" long.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks! Based on the information you've given me, the 15-150D was the right replacement. This is specifically designed to hold two 1/2" thick coil springs. Overall length doesn't matter as much as how many springs it can carry, and whether it uses one or two screws doesn't matter so much, either. 

This is also the only cover that we sell that fits your specifications, so we don't have a better match for you. If the 15-150D won't work, we don't have anything else that will.

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.