Simonton window balancers

A handy person from Ohio says:
Good Morning,

I need to replace a few Simonton double-hung window balancers.

The spring section, at top of the window track, has two units, each fastened with two screws, with the lower spring unit slightly longer than the top spring unit.
I'd like to obtain the parts to replace the entire balancer systems ( pivot shoes, and spring coils and covers...) on three windows.

The label on the window has the following data:
Liberty Window & Door D0277
Simonton Windows 9707081310 7/07/97 14
0865827/02 Unit: 35.5000 65.5000
G1: 31.5625 30.1875
DMSH
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Capture1.JPG
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, thanks for writing in. You appear to have our 15-111 pivot shoe, which works with the Series 160 coil balance springs. Since it sounds like you have a double coil assembly, you should be able to use our 15-150D support. Let me know if you have any further questions! 

Thanks Julia!! Which of the series 160 springs do I need? I see you offer springs for 4.5 lb - 7.5 lb.
Best, --Jeff
Profile picture of Casey

Hi Jeff. There should be a stamp or imprint on your coil springs that will tell you which option to select. If there is no stamp or imprint, you can weigh your window and determine what to select based on that. Let me know if you have any further questions!

A home owner from Newton, MA says:
Hi I have a simonton window that needs window balancers and I don't know what part to order. Can you help me figure the part I need? I will need the complete balancer assembly as the plastic pieces are broken. Below is window identifier label I found on the window.

Thanks,

Andrew
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Hi Andrew, thanks for writing in. Can you please show me some pictures of your balance assembly? I particularly need to see the pivot shoe. Thanks!

Hi Julia,
I finally got the parts and did a replacement today, but the Series 160 springs (35") are way too short. I need 64" 5.5# springs. Do you have that part, please?
Thanks!
-Jeff

Label Data:
Liberty Window & Door D0277
Simonton Windows 9707081310 7/07/97 14
0865827/02 Unit: 35.5000 65.5000
G1: 31.5625 30.1875
DMSH
Profile picture of Casey

Hi Jeff, 
Most companies no longer make the 65" coil springs. Ours should still work if you mount them lower in the jamb to make up the difference. Be sure to mount it below the tilt latch so that it doesn't interfere with the operation of the balance. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks, that should work, at least to allow partial opening! :-) I'll try it.
Best, --Jeff
Profile picture of Casey

Great! Please don't hesitate to ask if there is anything else we can help you with going forward.

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.