Single hung window sash pivot bar

A handy person from Maryville TN USA says:
I'm looking for a few replacement window sash pivot bars. I cannot find any identification on the windows other than a sticker on the screens saying "Twinseal Vinyl Single Hung" I found a part on your site that looks very similar in dimensions, part number 26-366. There are some small differences in the construction of the parts but I think your part would work for my needs. Can you please verify whether this part would be suitable for my windows?

Thanks,
Joe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Sash Pivot Bar.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

I agree the 26-366 is our closest match. The only difference is the pin that fits into the balance shoe in the window jamb. I'd like to see a picture of that shoe, just to ensure we know what you're working with. 

Bob,

Thanks for the reply. I have attached a pic of what I hope is the 'shoe' you refer to. I can't see anything that would prevent your product from working with this balance but I'll defer to your professional opinion.

Thanks,
Joe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Sash Pivot Bar Shoe.jpg
Bob,

FYI, if there's any question about the compatibility between the pivot pin and balance shoe it wouldn't be a problem to purchase both parts to ensure a proper fit.

Thanks,
Joe
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I see no reason why the 26-366 pivot bar wouldn't work with the T-lock shoe of the S795 channel balance in your photo as long as the dimensions match up to your original pivot bar. Thanks for posting!

Thank you Casey. I'll order some of the 26-366 pivot bars.

Joe
Just wanted to touch base with you and let you know that the 26-366 pivot bars worked perfectly for my windows. I replaced the two broken bars and have a few left over for future needs. Thanks for your help in identifying the proper part!

Joe
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.