Sliding Glass Patio 24-year old Handle replacement

A quick learner from NY says:
I've looked all over for replacement handle to no avail. Top part of Handle split vertical (duct tape covering in photo so handle is useable to get outside). Center-to-center hole of screws is 5 5/8" and 6" from bottom of bottom screw to top of top screw. Total height is 7 1/2"
I have no idea whom original manufacturer of handle was. Can you recommend any type of interior handle that screws would fit?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Handle.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I don't believe your handle set is made anymore. You may want to consider a surface mount set like our 82-005, but it would require drilling new holes. I'm sorry that we cannot offer anything better.

Thanks Tom! But I have a separate lock on door and have screen door in front of sliding glass door so just want new handle for door. I would also wonder about the threads with screws fitting if I had to drill through door? Is there anyway I could use the 88-002 handle with 6 5/8" center to center and drill new holes for 5 5/8" in it?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Taking another look at your pull handle, I'm wondering if it is an older style Andersen patio handle. Do you see that name printed on your door anywhere? If so, take a look at the 88-013 or 88-014. See if one of these match up to your handle. The hole spacing is different but they may still work if this is an Andersen door.

Thanks for your fast response! There is no name printed on door nor handle that are 25 years old. The Anderson Handles you mentioned are exactly what I want, but the 5-1/2" center-to-center is too short by 3/4" of an inch. Top-of-screws from one to other is 6-1/4". My Handle is 7-1/2"high.DO you think I could drill a new hole in the plastic of product 88-013 you suggested?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

It's going to be cutting it a little close. 5/8" is still pretty close to 1/2". It may be your only option, though. Worst comes to worst you lower the handle a bit and redrill two new holes in your door that are far enough away from the old ones that they won't interfere.

Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.