Sliding door handle from 1971

A home owner from Indianapolis says:
Hello Swisco,

I need to replace a sliding door handle/lock on a door from 1971. The wooden handle is on the inside and measures 11" and there is a stamp on the Crome part saying "Japan." The interior/exterior lock portions measure 6 7/8" x 7/8", and both say "SB1" or "SBI" on them. The part that the lock hooks into measures 2 5/8" x 7/8". The door handle unlocks from the exterior by key and from the interior through a very annoying black-plastic spring-released button plus a small turning black-plastic button that says "DOUBLE LOCK" with a curved arrow.

Apologies for only having one photo of the lock installed, but I found your site after I'd taken the interior handle/exterior key portion off.

Thanks for any help!
Wendy
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3828.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3830.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3831.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3833.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3835.JPG
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting, Wendy. Take a look at the 82-001K and compare the installation hole centers to make sure they match up to what you currently have. You'll also need to reuse your old wood pull since we don't have one compatible with the 82-001K. Please let us know if you have any further questions! 

Thanks, Emily! The measurements matched up so I ordered it today. I think I can even use my old keeper. Will write back if there are any problems. Thanks again for your help!
Profile picture of Emily

It was our pleasure! Thank you for choosing Swisco for your hardware needs. Have a great day! 

Hello again Emily,

I received my order, the 820001K (order #1603715) but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to install this since mine was broken before. I've attached photos and am hoping you can help me.

Thanks so much,
Wendy
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3897.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3898.JPG
Profile picture of Emily

Hi, Wendy! Have you seen this photo? It shows how the handle should be configured. Let me know if that helps. 

Internal view of 82-001k
Internal view of 82-001k

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.