Sliding glass door handle broke

A home owner from Fremont Ohio says:
My sliding glass door handles broke on each side. The house was built in 1990 and I believe it is the same door. I don't see any numbers or brand that is on it. I have been looking at different handles and seem to have the biggest problem finding the same latch part to lock it. I sent a picture of the latch off and on the door. Along with the handles. Thanks for your help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B44D9C35-B2F7-46EA-8056-2F4F545C3D9F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9E05ACFA-7EEA-4591-8780-CCE9261160BD.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 57C37CE2-3848-48D6-8674-222CE48AE81B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4449E286-189E-4F7F-93D2-8BF554E6F0CC.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Unfortunately, this handle set isn't made anymore but I believe that you can use our 82-036 handle to replace it. The style is different, obviously, but it still functions in more or less the same way. Take a look and let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you!

A home owner from Fremont Ohio says:
I actually ordered that one that I will be returning it because the latch part that allows it to lock does not match up. It wouldn't be able to lock. The handles would work but not the part that locks it. As you see in the picture part of the latch goes through the door. Is there any other part or set that would work. Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7026D3E6-F891-4A4A-A7B1-8CFB89D9BBD1.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for elaborating. I believe I understand the problem you're having now. If you haven't tried this already, you could try to use the 82-036 that you purchased with your original keeper if it is still in good condition.
If that doesn't work out for you, the alternate options would be to purchased our 82-005 surface mounted handle set and 89-012 side mounted keeper that should line up better with the space you have. Keep in mind that you would need to drill new installation holes to mount the 82-005, while being very careful not to hit the glass in your door. Take a look at the parts I've mentioned and see if one of these solutions could work for you.
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.