Sliding glass door replacement parts

A home owner from Leadville, c o says:

Hello

I'm needing help replacing multipull parts for my sliding glass door. First I need a door handles for the inside and outside. The handle pins are 3 11/16" on center. I need a door lock. And last I also need to replace the weather stripping on the inside and the outside on the door. I hope the pictures I sent are a help. If you need any other pictures just let me know.

Thank you so much,

Troy 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230116_174320.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230116_174312.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230121_123609.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230121_123558.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It looks like your door has been modified over time, most likely due to missing or damaged original hardware, which makes it tough to know what was originally used. In cases like this, the best replacement option would be to modify something like the 82-005 surface-mounted handle set to repair the door. 

Please note that you would need to make new installation holes in the door while being very careful not to hit the glass. You'll also need to ensure that you are able to install the keeper that comes with the assembly on your door frame. Take a look and see what you think. 

Demonstration of the lock interacting with the included keeper.
Demonstration of the lock interacting with the included keeper.

A home owner from Leadville, c o says:

Hi Casey

I see the handle you are suggesting might work, but my wife has a disability with her hands, and probably have issues with that style of handles. We could live with the handle that are on it now. The thing that I really need is the inside lock. In one of the photos there is a round hole you can see above the handle. Is there a separate lock that would work on our door?

In a couple of the photos. Are you able to see the type of weather stripping that would work for that style of door?

Thanks for all your help.

Troy 

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, we can't determine the correct replacement for your mortise lock without seeing the original. It also looks like yours was designed to operate with a latch separate from the handle set, which is not how our parts are intended to operate. For these reasons, the surface-mounted handle set would be our best replacement option.

We also do not carry a suitable replacement for the leaf-style weatherstripping shown in your photos. I'm sorry that we won't be able to offer more assistance with this repair but please let us know if you have any other hardware questions. Thanks for posting. 

Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.