Sliding mechanism for window in the house built in 1996 in North Carolina

Home Owner from Kernersville, NC
Jul 4, 2023 1:30 pm
Greetings,
I have a project to replace sliding mechanism in my 1996 built house. There is a plastic pivot bracket, or shoe, that holds steel piece of the window bottom. It also holds twisted spring that is embedded in metal tube and slides in it up and down. Some of the pivot shoes broke and some of the twisted bands moved out as well. At first I want to identify pivot bracket. Next all parts of the mechanism. Opening in window frame is 17 mm wide and inside it looks like around 35 mm wide. It is 15 mm deep on the inside. Dimensions look more like metric than imperial.
I have 15 windows that may need fixing.
Possibly there are more compact and modern mechanisms that would fit in my 35x15 mm space. I saw one pivot slider from Pella that did not have any spring , just slider that holds window in position as well.
IMG_1209 IMG_1206 IMG_1212 IMG_1213 IMG_1214
5 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Emily
Emily from SWISCO
Jul 5, 2023 3:29 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello there!

Thanks for reaching out to us. It appears you have a tilt window which means you'll want either the 3/8" diameter Series 900 or 5/8" diameter Series 600. Your next step should be to measure the outer tube of your old balance to see which Series is best for your repair. We'd be happy to help ID the pivot shoe but we will need you to remove an undamaged version and show us along with the written out thickness and width dimensions. The related video will show you how to remove yours using the cutout method. 

If you need the pivot bar as well, I recommend you start with the 26-040 or 26-083. You'll just have to remove your old one and compare the specifications to see which one matches up.

Note, we always recommend sticking with the original hardware that your window was intended to use. 

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts