Small plastic guide (about 3/4")

A home owner from TN says:
I am trying to find some small plastic guides, about 3/4 of an inch, that are attached to the side of the windows to help them slide up and down. The windows are Jordan aluminum single hung windows. The brochure that came with the windows says that they are series 2112/3112/800 & 2800. These windows are 10 years old.

These small pieces broke off most of the windows. On the windows that still have these pieces I can see a couple on each side. The problem that I have with the windows is that they do not open and close properly, when I open them the channel balances do not stay attached to the window. The balances go up past the window.

additionally some of the take out clips are missing. It almost seems that the window opening has become too wide for the windows and the windows gets off the track when I try to close and open them. I am about to order some take out clips from your site and wanted to see if you also happen to have these small plastic guides ( in the hope that they might alleviate the opening and closing problem with the windows).

Additionally, if you sell any other part that could solve my problem, please send me a link to the part.

Thanks, Angela
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Angela. It looks like you're looking for a snap in face guide. Could you use something like our 67-014? Let me know what you think.

As for the take out clips, see our 16-002.
A home owner from TN says:
I think that the clips that you suggest are the correct size. However the snap in face guides seem much bigger than the ones that are on my windows. The few face guides that are still intact are not visible when I look at the windows. The only way that I can see them is if I look sideways in the crack.
Do you have some pictures of part 67-014 on a window? How does this part attach to the window?

Also do you think that these small broken face guides are what makes my windows wobbly and just about impossible to open and close?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. Yes, the face guides help the sash from wobbling and allows it to operate smoothly. I'm afraid we do not have any pictures of the 67-014 on any window.

Maybe it would help if we knew the exact dimensions of your own guide.Can you tell me exactly how wide and thick it is? Can you also tell me the height of the prongs, and the distance between them? Thank you!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.