Spiral Balance

A home owner from Olive Branch MS says:

I'm looking for the components that make up this balance for my home windows the tubes are 3/8" diameter by 35" long the tip looks greenish but I think it is white and stained with the grease the window sash weighs 17.6 LBS

also this is a tilt window

please confirm parts and pricing

regards

Dale

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-12/16/2021, 4:18:09 PM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-12/16/2021, 4:18:39 PM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-12/16/2021, 4:19:05 PM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-12/16/2021, 4:19:30 PM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-12/16/2021, 4:19:47 PM.png
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Dale! Your balance sounds like it'd be a good match for our S900-35, which measures the same as your original. You can go with either the White or Green tip, both of which carry the given sash weight easily. You probably won't notice a difference either way but I always try to stick with the original just in case; in this instance, green.

As for the pivot shoe, it's tough to get a good look at yours but I am reminded of our 15-188. This is an educated guess but I think it's a good one. Review the dimensions we show for it to confirm. At the end of the day you really ought to remove yours so that you can get accurate measurements. You don't have to show it to me or anything, you just want to be sure the size is right compared to our dimensions.

Finally, your pivot bar closely resembles our 26-040.

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.