Spiral Balancer, shoes and charging tool for Silverliner 4000 series windows

A home owner from Bucks County, PA says:

I believe that I have the silverliner 4000 series windows which were installed about 20 years ago. I am looking for some help in selecting the correct parts for my windows.

Shoes

Spiral Balancers

Tilt Guards

Spiral Balance Charging Tool

Thanks so much!

Chris

User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us, Chris. We can help with this hardware, but we'll need a bit more information. Starting with dimensions, can you give me the thickness of the shoe and the diameter of the balance tube? You'll definitely find these easier to measure if you remove them from the window first.

Next, can you tell me what a tilt guard is? I'm not familiar with that terminology. Seeing a photo of it would be a huge help.

Last but not least, for the charging tool, you'll definitely want to go with our 75-006.

Let me know whenever you can get me that info!

A home owner from Bucks County, PA says:
Tom,

Shoe thickness is 1/2". Balancer tube is 1/2". I have attached photos. Also, by tilt guard I mean tilt latch.

Thanks so much!

Cjros
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I would triple check the diameter of your balance tube. No balance in this style was made in 1/2". It's probably more like 9/16", in which case I'd recommend our Series 600.

If the shoe thickness is 1/2" then I recommend our 15-046.

User submitted photos of window hardware.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.