Spiral Window Balance

A quick learner from Mobile, AL says:

I can't find a replacement spiral window balance with the correct shoe at the bottom. Can you help?

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 81DCA076-80B9-48A0-B36B-A36C30818579.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2335ACBE-52BF-4E73-97ED-56088347DFB9.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7C25EA94-3984-4F15-BC01-40E23E66560B.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8AA66805-ECBC-4485-984C-4A0B1DCBC7AC.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, the company that previously made your window balance has gone out of business. We can help you search for a replacement. We just need a few more components before we can seal the deal, so to speak. Could you tell us the diameter of the plastic tube? As for the length, it looks like it could be 25", but we just like for you to confirm that measurement for us. 

A quick learner from Mobile AL says:
Please pull up reference #D109333 as it has all information submitted. The tube size is 3/8? and 25? in length.

The balances that I am trying to replace are in two aluminum windows in a rental house. I do not know the age or brand of the window, but I would estimate it to be over 40 years old. The window will not stay in the up position. All four balances need to be replaced. The information that I do have to help identify the correct balance is as follows:

I will need 4 balances and brackets and/or feet

3/8" diameter balance tube
24 15/16" length of tube

No plastic (or nylon) tip still exists.

The window is a single pane, aluminum, non-tilt window. It appears to be an inexpensive, light weight 'builder grade' window that I do not see a method to remove the sash, but no difficulty removing the balance.
The sash is approximately 34" wide and 25" tall.
Since I cannot remove the sash to weigh it, I would estimate the sash to weigh less than 20 pounds
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Perfect, thank you. Based on your measurements and photos, I recommend our S400-25 spiral balance with a red tip  color option. This color option can carry a sash weighing 7 through 21 pounds. As for the bracket, see our 17-031. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.