Spring that holds the pivot.

A quick learner from Akron, OH says:
The first picture is the spring that's pivot part is broken and the second picture is a spring that the pivot part is OK but the pivot is broken. This is my third request today for parts all different and are based on a generic window. However the windows themselves are quite heavy duty and I really can't afford to replace them. All the parts that I've requested are broken on all six windows that were replaced probably 20 years ago. I believe in 2002. Any help you can give me on these three parts would be greatly appreciate it. I am a widow trying to fix a rental property that I Depend upon for my retirement income.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A8ECE030-4C08-4008-81FD-86B1D642ED33.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FDE93321-F480-4139-BD50-AF62EEC2FC0A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named FC5EF85D-938F-49D0-9CF4-0CA67E4063FE.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 715C8FCA-130C-4C7A-869B-11CFC07228B8.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! If I understand your post correctly, it sounds like you need a new pivot shoe and pivot bar. The springs themselves can actually be reused as long as they're still in good condition, so you should be fine there.

Starting with the pivot shoe, you have a style that is unfortunately discontinued. We had stock for a long time up until just about two weeks ago, when it ran out. You really only just missed it. 

The good news is that we sell a very promising alternative in our 15-177. It's the same exact size and is designed to work with the same exact hardware, the only difference is that the springs screw onto it slightly differently: instead of screwing in on the sides, they fit into those slots you see and then screw in. While it is not necessarily a guarantee, I still feel very confident that it can work for you.

As for the pivot bar, that could be a few different options. It's hard to tell from these photos. think the most likely one is our 26-226, but you should review our dimensions to ensure that they match up. I'm chiefly concerned about the hole placement. If that differs, let me know and I can try to find something better!

Alternate image for 15-177
Alternate image for 15-177

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.