Springs for single hung windows

A home owner from Alpharetta says:
It measures 28.5b inches. But I dont see one of this length. I would appreciate if you can identify the part and suggest the replacement parts.
Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I'm afraid that Series 850 length is no longer made. Fortunately, we have a solution.

We believe you can use our Series 795 channel balance as a replacement. However, there are a couple things you need to keep in mind. The first is the size of the shoe: The Series 795 comes with a 1-1/4" wide shoe by default. If yours is 1-1/4" wide, too, then great! If it's 1" wide, though, you'll need to purchase the 15-194 separately and swap the shoes out when you receive them.

Another detail is the strength of the spring. The Series 795 uses a different rating system than the Series 850. Because of this, you will need to get the exact weight of your sash to confirm the best stamp option.

Finally, there's the pivot bar. The old pivot bar won't work with the new shoe. There are actually a couple different options here, depending on what you have. If your old pivot bar looked like our 26-318, then we recommend using our 26-021 instead. If your pivot bar looked different, though, then let me know. We would need to see a picture of it.

A home owner from Alpharetta says:
Thanks for your response, Tom.

I removed the single hung window and weighed and photographed the pivot bar.

I used an analog scale so the precision may not be good. The window weighs between 17 and 18b pounds.

Attached are the pictures of the pivot bar in place and removed. Also attched photo of the channel inside which the spring moves.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks! Based on your existing pivot bar, I think our 26-021 will work fine. Based on your sash weight, I recommend our 28B option for the S795-28.

How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.