Square peg to connect window to pulley system

A home owner from Morgantown, WV says:

I am looking for a part to connect a window to the pully system of the frame. It looks like there may be a square peg that does this. Please see picture of bottom of window with square hole and photo of the piece of the pulley system on the frame where these is a square hole. I can't find any numbers or markings on the window or frame.

I appreciate your help in finding the appropriate part.

Thanks,

Stuart

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window 2.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Stuart. It looks like you need a new pivot bar, but it's very difficult to ID a match without an original to use as a reference. Do you have an identical window in the house that may still have its old pivot bar? If so, I'd like to see one removed from the window. That way we can see the whole piece without obstruction. Dimensions would also help.

Thanks! I pulled one from another window. See photos attached of bottom and top view. The width is 7.75 mm and the length is 66.74 mm.
In inches it is 0.3 inches wide and 2.63 inches long. I appreciate your help with this.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pivot bar 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pivot bar 2.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This is a huge help, thank you! I think you should consider our 26-040 pivot bar. This only has one hole, opposed to your three, but a pivot bar only needs one screw to install so I think it will be okay. I would just check our dimensions to ensure that at least one hole position on your matches the hole position on the 26-040. If they do, then I am confident that this will work for you.

Hi Tom, Thanks you very much for helping me with this.
Cheers,
Stuart
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.