Sun has made my Silver Line windows brittle

A home owner from Yorktown VA says:

My house was built in 2003 and the windows installed are Silver Line Single Hung Vinyl windows. The heat from the sun on the front of my house has cause the vinyl and plastic parts to become brittle and the balance on the left side of one window broke loose. The Pivot shoe 15-046 that you provide I believe is a perfect replacement for my window. What I still need is the upper vinyl piece that holds the upper portion of the balance. This part has two screw holes with a cap that covers the screw holes. Do you have a replacement part for this piece. See attached photos. Thank you!

v/r

Mr. Harold B.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Do you think you could use the  26-053A balance stop as a replacement? Compare your measurements with ours and let us know. 

A home owner from Yorktown VA says:
Yes, balance stop 26-053 seems to be the correct measurements. Thank you for the quick reply and for providing this replacement part.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

You are quite welcome. Be sure to get back to us and let us know how everything works out for you.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.