Surface mount handle

A contractor from Long Island, NY says:
Does this product come in white and will it work with 82-005? Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The 82-005 and 82-306 are fully compatible, but unfortunately neither are available in white anymore. I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you. Would I be able to just get the latch mechanism or do I have to order the whole part.
Profile picture of Tom

The individual components of the 82-005 set are unfortunately not sold separately. The only thing we can sell separately is the key cylinder, under our 82-310.

So the 82-005 in the brown would be a match for the part in the picture that I had sent of the similar piece? And would there be a possibility of me changing out the latch mechanism from the new brown part into the existing white part?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 737D6B61-B586-468B-A8AF-519B689FC421.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

I do think that the 82-005 would be a good match, yes. It functions the same way and as long as the hole spacing is the same then it will replace the original.

As for swapping the latch mechanism between them, I cannot say whether you can or not without seeing the latch mechanism in your old set. It is not visible in any of your photos so that is not something I can gauge.

It appears to me after watching the video to change lock mechanism from left to right that the handle that was installed on the door in question is actually installed the wrong way (upside down). Would you know if that would be the cause of the homeowners being locked out after they pass through and close the door behind them?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 49F09001-21DE-422A-86B6-5939E8C878EC.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Being installed upside down wouldn't cause the door to lock itself. The hook should only extend when the lever is flipped regardless of orientation. If the door is locking itself then it's definitely due to a faulty latch.

Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.