The connection is like a U shape.

A quick learner from Myrtle Beach Souch Carolina says:

The balances in replacing, is from a window that don't have any. It's 3/8 25 inches long.

As you can see in photo it's a,U Shape.

Thank you

John

Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi John, 

I see what appears to be a spiral balance in your picture, but I'm not sure what your referencing to that is "U" shaped. If you could clarify and send us a picture of the balance removed form the window, we should be able to confirm a balance replacement for you. Thank you!

A quick learner from Myrtle Beach Souch Carolina says:

Not sure if my email reply was successful.

The "U" shape is the bracket attachment at top of the balance, that holds it in place.(in photo) Yes, I do believe it's spiral, but just in case, if there is a same model that is not spiral, I'll order both. Thank you. John

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us John. I'm afraid we don't have that U shaped bracket you mention. From what I can see, it just looks like a sash stop. The spiral balance is just held in with a screw and should be able to install whether or not you  have a sash stop. You really only need one of these per window, so if you have an identical window with 2 of them then you could poach it for use here.

I am confident you have a spiral balance, I'm just not sure exactly what Series. I would start at this page to determine what you have. 

I'm not sure what you mean when you ask for the same model that isn't a spiral. Can you clarify?

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.