The patent number on the part is 5.737.877

A handy person from Falling Waters, West Virginia says:

I have multiple windows that will open but will not stay up. The only issue seems to be the clips that secure the channel balance at the top are broken. Am I able to replace the top portion of the balance or am I required to replace the entire channel? Thank you in advance for your help.

Arek

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0629.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0631.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0632.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0633.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0636.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, thank you for writing in. This is an old crossbow balance. We do not carry replacement parts for this, however we can offer a substitute. Our Series 795 can be use in lieu of this type of balance. Take a look at the video below for more information, and let me know if you have any further questions. 

Hello. I received my replacement parts and I installed the channel balances. They fit great but the new pivot bars do not reach the shoe slots on either side of the window channels. Do you sell longer pivot bars?

Arek 

Profile picture of Casey

Hi Arek. I'm glad to hear the new balances fit well. As for your pivot bar, could you show me a picture of your original one? I'd also like to know the distance between the installation hole and the end that goes in to the shoe. Many thanks!

Hi Julia,

Attached are photos showing the size difference from old to new. Please let me know if you need any further pictures. Thank you.
Profile picture of Casey

Ah, I see. Thank you for those follow up pictures. I'm afraid we may not have a replacement for your original pivot bar. The 26-366 looks like it could be our closest match. However, just to verify that this is the case, could you please tell me the distance between the screw hole and the tip that goes into the t-lock shoe? 

I hope this illustrates what you requested. If you do not sell a part that will work, can I simply drill new holes closer to the edge of the window?
Profile picture of Casey

I believe you have an older version of our 26-366. We don't carry one with the same dimensions that you show, however we have had customers drill new holes with success. Let me know how it goes!

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.