Thermal gard Casement windows

A quick learner from Waltham. Massachusetts says:
Hello I have 2 casement windows that the weather stripping needs to be replaced as the previous home owner put in rope caulk in the channel where the original weather stripping was located. I am not able to locate the weather stripping at my local Home Depot the windows measure 27 x 36 inches I will be grateful for any assistance. Thank you
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

We'd like to try and help you as much as we can. To get started, we will need for you to remove a sample of the weatherstripping from the windows. From there, you will need to upload photos of the part from an end profile. Lastly, we will need the measurements and dimensions of the part to help us narrow down what may be able to be used in place of your original piece. 

I also invite you to take a look at our selection of different weatherstripping we offer here

Hello I have attached some pictures of the window

It is about 24x36". I have 2 windows that are the same size. It seems like the previous home owner had an issue with the weather stripping and removed it and just put rope caulk in place of the weather stripping. There seems to be a 1/8" channel under the caulk where I assume that the weather stripping would go into.

Thank you in advance for your help, Patrick

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190624_104245.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190624_104227.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190624_104301.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190624_104245.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Thank you for the photos. Unfortunately, these photos do not show the original weatherseal. Would you happen to have another identical window in the house with the seal still attached to it? If so, please upload an additional photo for us to see. Without seeing the physical weatherseal, we will not be able to make an accurate recommendation on a replacement. We just want to make certain you get the correct replacement you need. 

Hello Manuela, per your request I have attached some pictures of the second window. The channel that the weather stripping attaches into is about 1/8 of an inch wide as you can see in the attached photos. I hope that this information is of help to you

Patrick

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190626_180104.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190626_180122.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190626_180148.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190626_180113.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20190626_180148.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Ok Patrick, we are getting there. I know you worked hard on getting these photos, but what we really need is see a sample of it removed from the window, showing it from an end profile, with as little damage to them as possible. Seeing your part from the end angle would be a huge help in narrowing down a replacement. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.