ThermoStar Window Channels

A home owner from OH says:
We have Pella ThermoStar Windows. The channels are failing at an alarming rate. They are vintage 2008. The channels have the hook at the top and have 26C stamped in them. Other question is how to we remove the sash lock?? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1183[1].JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1153[1].JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. This balance resembles our Series 795, though it looks like yours might use hooks at the end of the cord instead of the standard screw tab. Can you confirm? If they do then they have to be custom made, in which case I will need an exact quantity so that I can have these made for you in our shop.

As for removing the pivot shoe, it's simpler than it seems. You just tilt it in and twist. 

A home owner from OH says:
Yes - they use the hooks at the top. We need 10 balances. Also, we need pivot shoes.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for confirming. All of our balances will come fully assembled, including pivot shoes, and will be ready to install out of the box. I will email you that purchase link now for 10, which you can use to add them to your cart. Let me know if you had any questions or wanted to make any changes.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.