This an acorn metal window

A home owner from Raleigh NC says:
I have read a lot on your website about acorn replacement parts. However, I am desperately trying to find the dry rotted rubber pieces (pictured) that slide into the channel and sit at the bottom of the window when the window is closed. I'm also looking for the fuzzy weatherstripping for the same window. I was told by the window technician, that both slide into a channel in the window. The measurements included show the length of the fuzzy strip from top to bottom on the window frame. The second measurement is the width of the frame from exterior left side to exterior right side. I was hoping you could tell me what size rubber strip I would need and if you could direct me to one. Thanks in advance for all of your help and I hope you're having a nice day :-)
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 69DCBC8F-CD3C-4C78-86A2-14A7D91C3BC4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F8BC4D45-CD45-4572-8403-664675E95E30.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named D1B4B9D1-2168-4225-BF1C-2CF2132EC462.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BCBA3E30-1372-4668-BB1F-4A07EDB4FB18.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0B1FF3A0-8CCB-4BD5-A1B2-14A9235982F3.jpeg
I also forgot to mention that I am looking for the plastic piece that secures the spiral balance rod to the window frame and keeps the bottom portion of the window from raising above the top of the tension rod. Some of mine are cracked. Any ideas? Hope you are well and look forward to you response
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named plastic.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We may be able to help with your wool pile, but I will need more detailed dimensions to help. Please remove your pile from the window and carefully measure both its width and height. Then, tell me what you get. It's important to be as precise as possible.

There's a very good chance we can't help with that rubber spline you mention, but I can try. I will need similar dimensions for that. I'd also like a clear picture of the end profile, if you can get it.

Finally, that retainer closely resembles our 55-063, but is still a little different. I'm not sure if ours will replace what you have. It might be an older version, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for responding: The retainer I have is 2.25 inches long (longer than yours) but yours may work. Can you tell me it's width so I can see if it fits the channel?

With regard to the weather strips, the windows are old so it was difficult removing the strip. Age and the removal may have affected the measurements but I did my best. The height of the fuzz is approximately 3/16 of an inch and the base it's almost 4/16. The width of the base is about 3/16 (pic1) The removed strip was 23 and 3/4 inches long. The Chanel it sits in appears to be the same width, shape and height as the one for the rubber stripping (shown later).

With regard to the spline I took a shot of the Chanel cross se ruin (pic 2, 3, and 4). The channel, like the channel of the weatherstripping is about 3/16 of an inch. However anything that is 3/16 would be a very tight fit it seems. Please note that the channel looks like it's been beat up a little bit and is misshapen on one side. As you can see from the pictures to three and four, the Rubber on this window was so dry rotted, that it broke off when I was trying to remove it. All that remains is the portion that is sitting in the channel. I spent the better part of the afternoon working it back and forth trying to get it out. It never moved more than A quarter to a half inch in either direction. This whole strip moves, just not very much. It's almost as if it's locked in somehow. Any ideas on how to remove it? I've been using pliers to grip what's left on top of the channel and slide it back-and-forth to no avail. I'm hoping you'll have some technical expertise to help. Picture five shows the cross-section of the rubber stripping from a window that is less degraded.

I really hope the pictures in my description help. Please let me know what you think. Again, the task that he's giving me the most problem is removing the remainder of the rubber from the channel. I damaged the channel a little bit on one And with a pair of pliers while trying to do it. The weatherstripping was pretty lodged in there, but once I wet it and lubricated it it eventually came out. This is not the case with the rubber. Any help you could give would be most appreciated. And of course, I hope you have the parts as well. Have a good day

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1E1B7A68-FD62-404E-A26E-0EB709687711.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F4AFF08B-F801-44F2-8F6F-8608C43D73C0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1056DAEE-D8BA-4E3A-9536-436823103852.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 79365F96-AFF1-419F-9AB8-2BDBB23A65F6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F6129343-6E70-47A4-BD3E-094BDA4F67D7.jpeg
So, I decided to take a crack at removing the better preserved rubber splice. Here are pictures. What are your reccomendations.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BBB56B92-1D43-4E3D-8097-24DCB35DB1D4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7A2EEC70-F1C7-41D1-8CF4-B40FB6625D41.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 75C15544-3F5D-4712-AF2D-41889D5B3530.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B3C7B0B5-BCF1-4AF0-B53B-3203A13E5A93.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sure, the width of the 55-063 is 1-1/8", as indicated by the measurements on its store page. Would that work for you?

As for the weatherstripping, it sounds like you're saying it's about 3/16" x 3/16", or somewhere in that area. We carry the 58-002, which is exactly that size, but you may want to see our complete selection here. There are a ton of different piles that are around that size but vary only by 1/32", in some instances. 

The other weatherstripping you show looks to be a kind of bubble seal. We only carry one type in this style, and that's or 58-135. The dimensions are similar to yours, but again it's hard to say without more precise numbers. Look it over and see what you think.

As for why you can't remove it, that could be for a lot of reasons. Sometimes the channel is crimped in at certain spots, holding it in place. Check to see if that's the case; if so, you can usually use a flat screwdriver to uncrimp it.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.