Tilt Channel Balance and Pivot Shoe ID

A home owner from Ocala, ,FL says:

Single Hung Aluminum Tilt Window Plain Channel Balance Stamped 2940Z, 30 inches long

Trying to identify replacement for damaged channel balances for my windows. Seven windows use plain channel balance marked as 2940Z. The channel is 30 inches long.

The bottom of the "U" (cross-section of the channel) is 0.575 inches wide. The sides are 0.615 inches wide.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel3.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I'm confident we can replace this balance system for you, but we need a little more information to get started. Can you give us a good picture of the top of the balance, so we can see how it connects to the window track? Can you also give us a good picture of the hook or clip at the bottom that attaches to the pivot shoe? From there, we'll do our best to narrow down what you need. Many thanks.

Here's some photos of a complete, undamaged assembly and its mounting configuration. It slips into the window channel and rests on a screw at the bottom end, while a screw at the upper right side holds it in place.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bottom.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Middle Pulley.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Top.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Top Screw.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bottom Stop.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for the response. OK, we're getting there. It looks like you have a 30" Series 770 with the 62-105 hook attached. We can custom make this; I just need to figure out what stamp option you need. The one on your balance, 2940, is from a rating system we don't use with these balances. Can you give us the exact weight of your window sash? With that exact weight, we should be able to work out what you need. Thanks. 

If my bathroom scale is accurate... the window sash weighs 27 lbs.
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks. That would put your window sash in the range for the stamp option 30D, which is for a window sash in the weight range of 24 through 29 lbs. I am sending you an email with a custom link to order (14) of these 30" Series 770 balances, stamped 30D, and with the 62-105 hook attached. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.