Tilt Window Repair

A quick learner from Jacksonville FL says:
1. Tilt window channel balance only number on it is "2830 W". Window weight is "19.4 lbs." Window appears to be 30 inches in height, 33 inches in width. Balance photos with measurements are attached.

2. Pivot shoe with number "92-642" on it. I believe new shoe is "Pivot shoe, 15-105", please confirm. are the shoes left/right or both the same. Photos attached.
Does pivot shoe come with the brake shoe?.

3. Sash pivot bars, I believe replacement # 26-241. Please verify, photos attached. Need the pivot bar screws also.

4. What is the best lubricant for shoe and track?

5. Please provide price for 2 of each item.

6. If there are any other parts for this window that I might need please advise.

7. To keep as spare does the pictured channel balance appear to be usable?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named slide1.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named slide2.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named slide3.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. We can help with the balance and pivot shoe, but the pivot bars are unfortunately discontinued and no longer available for us to supply. There are no known alternatives, either, due to its unique design. I thought you should know that right away before we proceed with everything else.

Starting with the pivot shoe, your pick is correct: the 15-105 is the replacement you want. This is designed to work with an older style balance that is also technically not made anymore.

The good news about that is that we can configure one of our newer models to work the same way, but it has to be a custom order. Basically we would use our Series 770 as a base, but we'd swap out the bottom clip for the 62-105 hook. Does that look right to you?

What I'll do now is email you a purchase link and price quote that you can use to add 2 of these balances to your cart. That way you can checkout with everything altogether.

Concerning your last few questions, I recommend lubricating the window track with silicone spray, which you can pick up at any local hardware store. I can't advise on any other products you may need. It depends entirely on what's damaged and what's not. You should carefully look over the window for any signs of obvious damage.

Lastly, if your existing balance isn't damaged then it can technically be reused, but just note that you never want to mix old and new balances. Otherwise you risk the newer balances failing years earlier than it would have otherwise.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.