Tilt Window - Replacement Mechanism

A handy person from Michigan says:
This is for a tilt window. The spring/string mechanism is no longer functional. The shoe is broken. This is a spring with string type mechanism. The string attaches to the shoe via a little clip on the end of the string. Aluminum channel is 28" long and 9/16" wide. Window pane is 29 1/8" tall. Shoe channel appears to be about 1" wide with a 5/8" opening.

I need to replace both mechanisms as well as both shoes. Please advise as to what parts are needed.

Also, I don't see an easy way to remove the old shoes. Do you have any suggestions on how to do that?

I appreciate your assistance.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bottom Shoe Attachment Numbers.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bottom String.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Shoe Broken.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Top Clip.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We can help with this balance, but it will have to be a custom order. Basically, it'd be our Series 770, but with rivets installed at the top for you to use that S-hook.

Before we continue, can you just tell me how many you need? Once I know that, I'll email you an order link and price quote for that quantity.

Concerning the pivot shoe, can you tell me its thickness?

Thanks for the reply. I would need two of each (both mechanism and shoe) to fix one window.

The shoe thickness is 9/16".

FYI...the existing mechanism has three rivets at the top. I assume 1 is for the spring to attach and the other two are used by the S hook.

Thanks for your help.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Yep, that's exactly right! You can reuse your old S-clip or you can buy a new 19-029, which will be needed to your cart separately. It will not intrinsically come with the custom balance. The same goes for the pivot shoe, which I believe can be replaced by our 15-129.

I will email you an order link and price quote right now for two balances according to these specifications. Please let me know if you had any questions!

Thanks. Order placed. Although, I ordered a different pivot shoe (actually ordered two different ones to see which one fits) as the existing shoe is 1" wide (or a little less).
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.