Tilt Window parts needed

A contractor from Chapin, SC says:
Please advise on parts needed: Tilt Latches, right and left, sash is approximately 1 3/8" width. Coil Balances for both sides and pivot bars. All for a lower window.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2068.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2060.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2073.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! Your pivot shoes appear to be an older discontinued version of a shoe we used to sell but is no longer available. The good news is that our 15-177 should work well as a replacement. Look over the dimensions and compare it to your existing shoe to confirm that this is the right replacement.

Alternate image for 15-177
Alternate image for 15-177

The are compatible with the Series 152 Coil Spring. To determine which coil springs are needed for your window, you'll need to look for any stamps/markings on your existing coils. If there are no stamps/markings, you'll need to obtain the exact window weight and divide it by the total number of coils in the window.

To confirm the right replacement for your tilt window pivot bars, I'll likely need to see a photo of your existing hardware. Although, our 26-226 may be a good place to start. You'll need to carefully review and compare the installation hole measurements. If they are not a match, you'll need to locate an original pivot bar. Which may be easier in the long run.

End view of the 26-226 pivot bar
End view of the 26-226 pivot bar

We do not have a match for the tilt latch button you have pictured here. I'll likely need to see a photo of the internal latch removed from the window to determine if we have a suitable replacement. 

There is also the option to convert your window to one that uses a surface mounted latch. 

I've included videos for how to remove the internal latch as well as how to covert the latch. Take a look at them both to determine which repair method might be best for your window.

A contractor from Chapin, SC says:
Jasmine, Thx for the info. 1- For the shoe, I removed both as suggested. See photo. The dimensions are the same as the 15-177 except the height appears to be 1 3/8" instead of 1 1/2". Will the coils in the pic attach to your shoe? Mine are held in place with the Phillips head screw. The coils appear to be in OK shape and can be reused. I didn't find in markings on the coil but will look with the coil fully extended to see if I missed them. 2- as to the tilt latch, I removed them and included a pic. Don't know if you have these in the pic. If not, I'm fine with surface mount latches. 3- as to the pivot bar, I am unable to remove the pivot part as there in nothing extending to grab. I believe I can do as the video mentioned and just push the old in farther while inserting the new. Can I remove the sash to get to the pivot bar like I did to get to the tilt latch? The old bar appears to be the "u" type. I assume I would need to match the new pivot bar to the new shoe? Thx for your help, we are getting closer! Dave.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2089.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2085.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2086.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2090.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2091.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

The difference in the height of the shoe will not effect the function of the hardware. This shoe will work fine as a replacement. We have recommended it to many other customers.

The coils in the picture should attach to the shoe fine as they appear to be the Series 152 coils recommended. If they are still in good condition and you can still use them, they will work with the recommended shoe.

You will need to push the pivot bar into the window as the video suggests. Unfortunately, I would not be able to confirm the exact pivot bar need without seeing a photo of the existing pivot bar. I would recommend confirming the measurement for the installation holes on the sash to confirm if the holes spacing matches the recommended pivot bar. if it does, it will likely work fine.

In regard to the tilt latches, I recommend taking a look our 26-110 left hand and 26-211 right hand top tilt corner latch. The compatible thumb button for these latches is part 26-119. Compare the dimensions to determine if these are the correct replacements. These are the dimensions for part 26-110.

Detail of 26-110
Detail of 26-110

Alternate view of 26-110
Alternate view of 26-110

Alternate image for 26-110
Alternate image for 26-110

Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a window screen latch
How to install a window screen latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.