Tilt window balancer and shoe ID

Quick Learner from Chicago
May 21, 2023 12:30 pm
Hi, Would love some help ID'ing this weird pivot shoe. it doesn't look like the others and one of the 2 rod tip things is inside some metal channel.

Measurements:
Window 19 lbs
Tube is about 1/2" wide and 35" long
Tube: Black tube, unraveling showing winding metal spring. Black tube with white plastic? underneath covering the metal spring and inside the metal spring is the spiral balancer.

The pivot shoe is 1 1/4" wide, 1/2" deep, 2 1/4" tall. The insert is (I'm guessing because I have a hard time figuring out the markings 3/16"?)
IMG_1519 IMG_1518
2 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Casey
Casey from SWISCO
May 23, 2023 1:25 pm
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

It's tough to confirm the dimensions of your hardware while it is still installed but based on the information you've provided so far, I would start by looking over the 15-046 pivot shoe shown below. This shoe is commonly used with the 5/8" diameter S600-35 spiral balance. If the specifications match your original hardware, you would also need a red tip option for your balances to support a 19-pound window sash. Thanks for posting! 

Alternate image for 15-046
Alternate image for 15-046

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts