Tilt window latch (L+R), pivot shoe

A handy person from Sterling, NY says:
Hi,
We just bought a house and the replacement windows need some love with replacement parts. We can't make out the make/model of the windows, but attached is the sticker we found, and photos of the tilt latch and pivot shoe.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3205.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3206.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3207.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3201.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3200.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your pivot shoe was recently discontinued but we have received confirmation from other customers that the 15-177 will work as a replacement. This pivot shoe is used with the Series 152 coil springs and related items listed on our product pages. 

As for your tilt latches, I would recommend starting by comparing the specifications of the 26-390 and 26-391 to yours. Take a look and thanks for posting! 

Alternate image for 26-390
Alternate image for 26-390

A handy person from Sterling, NY says:
Hi,
The tilt latches are working great! The Coil Balance Shoe, Slate Blue (Product Code: 15-177) however doesn't seem to fit in the side track of the window frame from front to back. It fits great side to side but the depth of the Balance shoe is like 1/16" too much which doesn't allow it to slide down the track. Any idea of an alternate shoe?

Also, I tried to remove the coil above the existing shoe and it has a lot of resistance, so I'm unable to get it to the top to remove it, which will be necessary when I get the correct shoe.

Any ideas? Thanks!!
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble. The 15-177 has the same dimensions as the original version of your photo shoe as shown below, so I'm not sure why you are having trouble installing it. You may want to make sure that the metal cam is in the unlocked position when installing it. If the cam is locked, that will cause the brake to engage, which would make the shoe thicker and unable to slide in the channel. 

If you don't believe that is the issue, we would need you to remove your original pivot shoe, coil springs, and write out the exact depth of your shoe compared to our 9/16" measurement below to research this further for you. 

As for removing the original coil balance, have you seen the videos below?

Alternate image for 15-177
Alternate image for 15-177

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.